1. We’ve had Miles for a week now. Only a week. Although it feels like way longer than that as I stand in the yard every morning at 4 AM, praising him in my high-pitched voice for a good potty!
He just feels like home and I kind of can’t believe I was patient enough with Greg to live without a puppy for five months.
Also, he loves my Fit Flop slippers as much as I do. I am sure this obsession will come to blows in the near future.
2. It’s been quiet on the fitness front lately. That isn’t because I’ve been slacking off; I’ve consistently worked out 6 days a week since my last race. But it’s boring stuff. The triathlon training has begun and will continue to ramp up and there will be more to talk about.
I made a Facebook page for my blog that I haven’t known what to do with. I’ve decided that I’m going to dedicate my that page to Ironman stuff — training, nutrition, rants, etc… Join me over there if you want to follow along. (PLEEEEEEASE!)
3. There’s no snow in Tahoe. I can’t tell you how much this pains me. My 2012 season pass is going unused with every un-winter-like day we have.
4. I bought for-real cowboy boots when I was in Kansas City for Christmas. Then my mom gave me money for them and they turned into a gift. Win!
Greg hates them. Win?
I continue to look for excuses to wear them. It’s not going that well. Not only do I rarely go out, I am not very good at dressing myself.
5. I just finished the Hunger Games trilogy. I’m not usually the “fantasy” type. And I haven’t fallen prey to the “young adult” genre (Edward and Bella can suck it as far as I’m concerned – ha!). But this gripped me and held me until the end of the series. I love when I hate to finish a good book.